Search engine optimization has 20 times more traffic opportunity than PPC. That translates to higher conversions and marketing ROI. This is one of many key differences between SEO vs PPC.
There are benefits to both forms of search engine marketing, which you’ll learn in our detailed comparison below. Read on to discover how your business can grow with either of these advertising strategies.
What’s the Difference Between SEO vs PPC?
Both SEO and PPC are forms of search engine or internet marketing. Both offer varying success rates based on time, market research, and what you’re willing to invest in.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Although SEO comes from free, organic traffic, it does come with some challenges. If you lack SEO expertise, you’ll need to hire experts for backlink strategies, keyword research, and more.
The benefits of SEO result from consistency, trust, and sustainability. Let’s explore these benefits in detail, so you get a clearer understanding of how they’re advantageous for your business.
- Brand awareness: targeted keywords from relevant queries put your business in the sights of interested users
- Trust and authority: organic results are perceived as more credible and authoritative than paid ads
- Site traffic: increased opportunities to build awareness and potential clients
- Cost per click: expensive at the outset based on hired SEO experts, but “free” afterwards
- Click-through rate: organic results get more clicks than paid ads
- ROI: expanded return on investment, when combined with paid ads
These benefits might have you wanting SEO more than PPC. Before you dismiss the benefits of paid ad search, let’s explore them in detail. Ideally, you’ll combine both forms of search engine marketing (SEM) for the best overall impact.
PPC (Pay Per Click)
If you’re asking, “What is PPC, and why do I need it?” You’re asking the right question. SEO might seem like your best option (and if you can only afford one type of SEM, it’s the best way to go).
Conversely, PPC comes at a higher cost over time. With pays per click, generating traffic costs you. This cost comes with a series of benefits, explained for you below:
- Top of the page: your business ads appear before organic results (i.e., your competitors) on search engine results pages
- Better ad quality: better CTAs, site links, location details and more clarify and sharpen your messaging
- Visual ads: selling products is easier than ever when consumers can see them before clicking through to your site
- Budgeting: even with higher cost, you control how much you spend on paid ads (e.g., placement, run time)
- Hypertargeting: increased ad quality means a precise marketing scope compared to SEO’s organic scattershot
- Testing and data: pivoting and tailoring ads based on customer data is simpler, faster, and more successful than organic
Exploring these benefits depends on who you work with. Comparing SEO vs PPC is important if you have a limited or tight budget. Both offer immediate and long-term benefits, especially when combined for powerful campaigns.
Start Getting the Benefits of SEO With Our Expertise
As digital marketing experts, Verbum Creative is prepared to help your business. We can help you understand what’s better for your marketing strategy now and in the future. Choosing between SEO vs PPC doesn’t have to be difficult.
Reach out and get in touch with us today to begin shifting your strategy. We’ll help you stand out online and set you on the path to more recognition and visibility.